‘… a student-centred international school, embracing British educational philosophy, principles and values’
Olga Gudynn International School was founded in 2001 as a coeducational international school for pupils of all nationalities. There are four nursery schools and one school; OGIS operates in five different campuses. The school accepts boys and girls aged from three to fifteen years. The school is accredited by both the Romanian (ARACIP) and other international educational organizations; has membership to Council of British International Schools (COBIS), European Council of International Schools, Central and Eastern European Schools Association and International Schools Association.
OGIS is also an official Anglia Examinations Syndicate (Chichester College) centre and offers the full range of examinations in English language, from first step to master level.
The school is set in two modern buildings in the North of Bucharest served by its own bus service. It has a large outdoor play and sports area with facilities for football and basketball, as well as a PE Hall. Other facilities include swimming pool, a modern ICT and multimedia suite with an excellent technical support team, library, lunch room and music facilities.
The motivated, experienced teaching staff have recognised teaching qualifications and the majority of staff have experience teaching in other international schools. The school has a dedicated SEN team to support the pupils’ learning.
Educational visits are a regular part of school life; inter-house activities and the elected Student Council ensures pupil involvement in the commitment and delivery of school improvement.
There is a flourishing extra-curricular programme; the school participates in sport competitions with other schools in Romania and abroad. Drama competitions at both national and international level, take place throughout the year. Drama, dance and music opportunities are on offer to all.
The school begins in September and ends mid-June, the nurseries operate during the whole year.
We aim to:
- provide children with a positive, stimulating and secure environment that encourages the fulfillment of individual potential and the growth of self esteem in all areas: academic, social and personal;
- provide an education that addresses the needs of children as whole people;
- provide an educational environment where children grow as part of a wider school community and develop confidence in themselves and others;
- encourage children to engage in open enquiry, creativity and independence thought;
- provide opportunities for children to attain high standards of achievement and move beyond any limits they might set for themselves;
- an international orientated education, going beyond Romanian frontiers, to develop children as citizens of the world.
All members of OGIS community have the right:
- to work and learn;
- to communicate ideas, feelings and needs;
- to move safely around the school;
- to feel secure at all times and, if disputes occur, to have them settled positively, fairly and non-aggressively.
One of the OGIS missions, in partnership with the community and other organizations, is to provide students with the knowledge, skills and qualities to be successful in our changing, diverse world.
Our vision is that education at OGIS is a shared, lifelong experience in which the diverse needs of all individuals are met.
This experience, provided in a safe, supportive environment, will ensure success in our changing world.
– to provide a friendly and caring environment that enhances learning, personal growth and wellbeing for all students;
– to create a stimulating and supportive environment for all teachers;
– to assist, inform and involve parents.
Recognising and accepting the differences in ability, race, religion and beliefs of others.
Developing and acquiring knowledge, skills, values and attitudes.
Learning together to achieve the best possible outcomes for all.
Truthfulness and open communication at all times.